Geiler - Broken auger left in sewer line

1.4

My fiancé originally called Geiler to have them identify and remove a clog in our sewage line. The Geiler service tech finished his work and said that he broke about 6-10 foot of his auger line, including the cutter head and left it in our sewer drain. He proceeded to tell me that this is the risk that customers take when having this work performed and to even identify if his equipment, that is now creating an even bigger issue, can be removed he would have to get a camera from his shop and that there would be an additional charge of up to $300. The tech asked me to sign their invoice and I declined because I would not accept the service that was performed. The tech also had a hand-written check that was made out to his company prior to the discovery of their equipment being lodged in our sewer line.

I reached out to Geiler through Facebook later that night to explain what type of situation we are now in and was told to contact the tech's supervisor and that she would be in the following morning, around 8am. The supervisor scheduled the same tech to come back out to the house with a camera at no charge to put a camera in and find a solution to the problem. I also scheduled the City of Fairfield to come out and give us an unbiased, 3rd party analysis of the situation we are in and they were able to locate the augur location and depth etc. The City employees also stated that this is an extremely uncommon situation and in the twenty years of surveying sewer lines in Fairfield, this is the first instance that a company has broken off auger equipment in a resident's sewer line. Based on the video and photos that were taken by Fairfield, we now know that the Geiler tech broke off more than 21 feet of cable and also a large cutter head and left it in my drain.

The tech arrived just after 2pm 2/13/18 and as I started to explain the city's findings and show him pictures of the cable and the condition of the pipe, I could tell that he seemed extremely annoyed and irritated. We argued for about 30 minutes again about the situation and I finally just asked him to write down what he can do to remove his auger and cutter head so that I could have another company come out to remove the roots. He gave me a rough quote of $2800-$3000, which is a huge slap in the face in my opinion. I reached out to the vice president of the Geiler for help via a direct e-mail address and he called me back but we didn’t make much progress at all. The VP told me that the tech's supervisor would put together a quote for the removal of their equipment and call me with their proposal.

The supervisor relayed that the Geiler company was willing to give me $800 off their original quote and on 2/15/18 I responded via e-mail that I am not paying to have their failed equipment removed from my sewer lines and that I would them to create a better solution for this issue. The supervisor responded on 2/16/18 that the latest proposal would be as far as their company would go for their remediation service.

I'm currently pursuing action via better business bureau, the ohio attorney general's office, local news stations and through our business attorney. I'm also having Roto Rooter quote me on correcting Geiler's horrible situation they put me in. You should not trust Geiler for any moderate to difficult jobs.

Review about: Sewer Line Cleaning.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Remove your damaged auger from my sewer line and refund the drain cleaning service charge since you didn't finish the job..

Geiler - Living Social Deal-busted pipe instead of sewer inspection

Cincinnati, Ohio 0 comments

Purchased a Living Social Deal for a camera inspection of sewer system $60.00. (deal claims normally $165.00 charge). Technician came in and cracked pvc pipe and cap on clean out pipe in several places. (do you know how hard you have to hit a pvc pipe to crake it in 3 places?) Technician then called me to basement to tell me he broke the pipe in several places opening the clean out cap and now a repair was needed! The damage he had just done would need to be repaired and would cost me above and beyond the camera call because previous plumber may have got some glue on the cap. (never got a price but told me he would have to go get parts and it would not cost me millions) First of all should have called me down when the cap was stuck to ASK me if I wanted him to proceed. I told him I did not want him to fix I would call my plumber and take up with Geiler Company.

On to the sewer inspection...what a rip off. Technician ran the camera and it stopped about 45 feet in and then gave me a guesstimate that something was wrong and said I would need to pay for additional equipment to get the true estimate of any work needed. Ok so how can I determine if they come out with additional equipment I will have and accurate assessment of my sewer?

Although I expected a biased estimate from this company, I did not expect that the inspection would only tell me I needed to spend additional money to get a complete estimate of any work which I might wish to contract for. I talked to Terry and he also was blaming glue which MAY HAVE dripped on the cap I asked him to have his plumber bring the cap back to my property. He stated they did not do the deals as a bait and switch ...I said to him that is exactly what this deal was a bait and switch AND doing additional damage to my home while they were here and looking to charge me for a repair is an interesting way to get business also. No sympathy or responsibility from Geiler. I asked him am I supposed to expect or anticipate Geiler or any other contractor to step into my home and do damage and then expect me to pay for it? I do not think so. This technician was in a hurry , did not bother to spray a lubricant on the cap, used access force and cracked my pipe which now has to be repaired and guess what I was not about to pay Geiler to repair.

I am sure plumbing companies often times will provide video inspections super cheap, to sell a large excavation job and I will always get a second opinion on a major job when dealing with a new contractor…. but this is not acceptable to pay for an incomplete inspection. Buyer beware of Living Social Deals and especially camera inspection from Geiler Company because unless your entire sewer is clear you will know little more than when they hit your front door when they leave and you will be out money you could put toward a legitimate camera inspection with the goal of finding out the condition of your sewers.

Review about: Camera Sewer Inspection.